Figure 2. Side Reach
Salsbury ADA Compliance
All 6 Door High, 5 Door High, 4 Door High and 3 Door High Salsbury standard configurations are ADA Compliant, with all mailbox units following within ADA guidelines. In addition, the remainder of Salsbury mailbox configurations have tenant compartments that are compliant with those limits.
The mailboxes must be installed according to USPS-STD-4C regulations as listed below and shown in Figure 3.
1. “At least one customer compartment shall be positioned less than 48” from the finished floor.”
2. “No parcel locker compartment (interior bottom shelf) shall be positioned less than 15” from the finished floor.”
3. “ No patron lock shall be located more than 67” above the finished floor.”
4. “No customer compartment (interior bottom shelf) shall be positioned less than 28” from the finished floor.”
5. “The USPS Arrow lock shall be located between 36” and 48” above the finished floor.”
6. “There must be at least one parcel locker for every ten patron mailboxes in installations of 10 or more patron mailboxes. There is no requirement for parcel lockers in installations of less than 10 patron mailboxes, but one or more parcel lockers are recommended.”